Professor Marcus Stoodley, PhD, FRACS
The Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University
Professor Lynne E Bilston, PhD, FAHMS
Senior Principal Research Scientist
NeuRA, Sydney, Australia
View the full schedule:
Major focus areas
We have structured the meeting to focus on major questions, including:
- What causes headache in Chiari malformation and why/how does it improve with decompression surgery?
- What are the technical objectives in decompression surgery?
- What is the basis for cognitive dysfunction in Chiari patients and does it change after surgery?
- Is Chiari malformation in EDS patients different, and should it be managed differently?
- What are the indications for cranio-cervical fusion in EDS patients?
- What causes syringomyelia in Chiari patients?
- What causes syringomyelia in patients without Chiari?
Call for Abstracts
The conference will contain a number of presentations of “free papers”. Speakers will be selected from abstracts submitted.
- 300 words maximum
- Include: Background, Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions headings.
- Please nominate a theme (e.g. syringomyelia, Chiari, EDS) and a study type (clinical, laboratory, engineering etc).
- Please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org for a sample format.
- Submission due on March 1st, 2019.
- Submit to email@example.com – The Conference’s medical/scientific hosts will make selections.
- We encourage early submission to ensure a position.
- Watch this space for pending poster presentation specifications.